Charles “Chuck” E. Heyde, Jr., CPA, CGMA
International Tax/Compliance Partner
Chuck is in charge of the International Tax/Compliance Services for GEMMS. Prior to co-founding GEMMS, he was a Manager at two of the “Big 5″ accounting firms. Chuck has worked in the Public Accounting arena for approximately 20 years. He began working in Public Accounting in January of 1994 in a small local accounting firm where he performed audits, reviews, compilations, and prepared returns for corporations, partnerships, s-corporations, fiduciaries, and high net worth individuals. After receiving the Bachelors of Business Administration Degree from Georgia State University in December of 1995, Chuck moved into the expatriate arena with a Big Five Public Accounting firm in Atlanta and has worked at various Big Five Accounting firms ever since. During this time Chuck developed an extensive international tax and payroll expertise.
Chuck obtained his Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation in June of 1999 and his Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) in June of 2012.
Chuck has substantial experience working with international companies, advising on matters such as the following:
- General international assignment policy implementation
- Assignment cost projections
- International social security issues
- International payroll issues and management
- U.S. individual tax planning issues
- Technical filing positions for return preparation
Additionally, Chuck has:
- Served as the International Payroll Manager for several months for a large telecommunications company until a suitable replacement was found.
- Served as technical liaison in identifying and implementing policies and procedures for the tax compliance processing one of the largest “Big 4″ accounting firms.
- Served as technical liaison in developing the web based IHR / Compliance tracking tool for one the largest “Big 4″ accounting firms.
- Created several tax and payroll technical calculation tools in the Microsoft Excel program for sale to clients and for internal use.
- Taught and assisted teaching internal and external training sessions on payroll and tax technical issues and other “in-house” tools.
Chuck is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA.)
Chuck Heyde is a Certified Acceptance Agent and thusly can assist you directly in obtaining your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
Office – (678) 625-7641 Ext: 100
Fax – (678) 625-7642
Mobile – (678) 613-4347
Robert Ainsworth, CPA
Business Tax Partner
Robert has extensive experience as a tax consultant, advising clients on complex partnership and corporate tax issues for companies in healthcare, technology, real estate, and manufacturing. Clients served have ranged from local entrepreneurs to midmarket national organizations with private equity funding, including US multinationals and foreign investments in the US. In addition to tax compliance, Robert has advised clients on business transactions ranging from a few million to $150 million in the areas of partnership mergers, S Corporation 338(h)(10) elections and public company mergers.
Robert came to GEMMS from a top 20 Atlanta CPA firm, where he was the International Tax Contact Principal. Robert also worked as an expatriate tax consultant for one of the Big 5 accounting firms and spent several years out of public accounting as the tax manager for a publicly traded, multinational healthcare company based in Atlanta.
Robert graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi with Bachelor of Science in Accounting and from the University of Mississippi with a Masters of Accountancy – Tax Emphasis. He is a CPA in both Georgia and Mississippi and is a member of the Georgia Society of CPA’s and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Robert also serves on the Finance Committee for his church.
Office – (678) 625-7641 Ext: 300
Fax – (678) 625-7642
Mobile – (404) 668-2516
4994 Lower Roswell Rd.
Marietta, GA 30068